How to Book a SAFE through the Arts® program
SAFE through the Arts® programs take place in Pre-K and Kindergarten classes in urban public schools throughout New York State with an emphasis on urban schools within the five boroughs of New York City and its surrounding areas and the Capital Region. Programs, which are sixty minutes in length, will take place once a week for seven weeks in five Pre-K and kindergarten classes per school. The SAFE through the Arts® program is a free service provided by Azalea Blossom, a 5013c nonprofit organization to qualifying schools. Preference is given to schools that serve an underprivileged and diversified population of students.
Schools participating in the SAFE through the Arts® program must meet the following requirements:
- All classroom teachers, aids, and paras in classrooms where the program is taking place must agree to take an active role in participating in the program.
- Schools must sign a media agreement allowing Azalea Blossom to publicize the program and its sponsors in media outlets including press and social media.
- Families are to be given a letter informing them of the program and giving them the option to sign a media/photograph release form.
- Classrooms participating in the program must do so for the duration of the full seven weeks. Any classes missed due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances must be made up during the designated make-up days.
- Student and teacher handbooks and CD’s are the property of the SAFE through the Arts® program and cannot be copied or distributed without our explicit permission under the United States Copyright law.
- All participating schools must be able to accommodate the SAFE through the Arts® program in five classrooms a day.
- Teachers and school staff agree to support the objectives of the SAFE through the Arts® program.
Please see the following calendar to schedule a SAFE through the Arts® program in your school. For further information and inquiries, please contact us at SAFEthroughtheArts@gmail.com.